HybridZ

Parts gathering question

Hi guys,

I've read through lot's of posts here regarding LS swaps, but have have a question regarding what to pull from a donor vehicle.

I'll list what I have so far, and if I'm missing something could someone please let me know? I am time limited with the donor vehicle....

Donor is a late 2007 Chevy Silverado LT 2500 that has been rolled and written off. The truck is owned by my employer, and all they really wanted from it was the auto trans and transfer case. The truck is in a warm shop right now, but they want it sent to the crusher....

I have pulled:

LY6 engine (104K klm's) with all accessories and wiring harness

Engine computer

Air flow meter

O2 sensors

Gas pedal and harness, including body harness pigtail

Engine bay fuse box

Fuel tank sending unit/pump with a section of wiring harness (probably not useful)

Radiator and reservoir, with hoses (too big I believe)

I am just trying to take advantage of an opportunity here, don't want to miss out!

Thanks in advance.

I think you've got it covered. How about driveshaft-to get the yoke (even if you just use it to shove in the tranny to keep the oil from running on the floor. Muffler? Exhaust tubing? Section of the bed floor to cover spare tire well? Tranny cooler hoses? All the weatherpack wiring connectors you can cut off. All the wiring you can save (comes in handy). Shifter (if not on column). Service manual. Manuals out of glovebox.

The car I have for the conversion is a really clean '73 240z that is currently fitted with a SBC, T5 gearbox, and a R200 diff. The car goes well enough for me as is, and would probably benefit more from a better suspension and brake set up, but I can't let this engine package slide on by......

I think you've got it covered. How about driveshaft-to get the yoke (even if you just use it to shove in the tranny to keep the oil from running on the floor. Muffler? Exhaust tubing? Section of the bed floor to cover spare tire well? Tranny cooler hoses? All the weatherpack wiring connectors you can cut off. All the wiring you can save (comes in handy). Shifter (if not on column). Service manual. Manuals out of glovebox.

Thanks, I'll grab the driveshaft and most likely the exhaust for the nice mandrel bends. The muffler is huge, so I think I'll let that go. I have plans to use a manual gearbox, so cooler lines and shifter can also stay. The weather packs are a good idea, I'll see what I can cut out. I have no plans to modify the spare wheel well, but good suggestion there to use a section of the bed, thanks. The manual from the glovebox is pretty rough, as the truck sat through a Canadian winter with no windows and the book on the passenger seat. If I can save it, I will keep it.

If you can, re-title your post to say "LSX swap parts" or something similar.  I ignored your post when I first saw it because it looked like another ill-informed person asking a simple question.  

"Parts gathering" - boring!

Okay I understand, but I don't see how I can edit the title, sorry. In hindsight, I would have skipped by that title too  :) .

IMG_4271.jpg

Datsunengine.jpg