HybridZ

11 in vacuum 8.5 PV

Practiced what I preached and put a new power valve in the 600. I had a piddly 7" in gear with the 700. The new trans gives me 4" more with 11". (in drive with the 700) An 8.5 PV is super smooth from a stomp and no hesitations anywhere. Too bad we're about to get the high oxy fuels for the winter. This will mess up everything again!

JS

[This message has been edited by John Scott (edited October 01, 2000).]

I have been jacking with the jetting over the last few weeks.. My car does pull

11 hvi. and i used the 8.5PV with the

74&82 jets.. Using the gtech it went 0-60

in 5.0 sec. I wanted the 4.5 back so i tried 80x4 and no power valve. I seems to hit 2nd

better, but i didnt use the g-tech yet.

I blew out the collector gasket and parked it. I am going to take it in and get my

headers converted to full length set up..

Myron

Myron, I've had runs that vary as much. If there's any wheel spin I can't make a judgement. I've also had runs I thought were killer only to find the Gtech says otherwise. I boosted up 4 lbs and lost well over 1/2 second. Spent way more time spinning the tires on my 1-2 shift. My carb is really obvious to the change. It hits a big hesitation with the smaller PV. None with the 8.5. In fact this is the best my carb has run since I put it on! I suppose every engine will have its preferences. Maybe I got lucky and found the one mine likes. BTW I like to spend lots of time behind the wheel. Drivability is an important factor as well as a quick 0-60. A better test of hp gains is run it through the 1/4. Less sensitive to a little spinning as the mph will tell you if you headed the right way.

JS