HybridZ

Cold air intake

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know where to find duct material to run from a stock chevy air cleaner to the radiator support? I've got an edelbrock filter setup now, and think it may be sapping power due to the high underhood temps.

How big a diameter do you need? Aircraft Spruce and Supply sells nice ducting. The "airbox" company that Mikelly got his airbox from sells it and is on the WEB too - I like their setups and will run one of them. Last but not least Pegasus which is an SCCA type racing place sells it - it's called brake ducting :-)

Hope that helps, personally I think Mike's method is awesome and gets you plenty of cool air even if it's not super cheap.

I used dryer duct from Lowe's. It is four inches in diameter and it works well. I also used their elbows to funnel the air from the spoiler duct to my brakes, because the stuff is heavy enough but easy to form and pop rivett into the right sizes.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys

I'm trying to piece together a dual-snorkel air cleaner from 2 stock 4bbl's right now, but the dryer duct looks like a good fit on the ends. In the Hot Rod article they are using heavily corrugated 4" plastic tubing. Wouldn't that (corrugation) slow your flow through the pipe? It seems like it would take more abuse from removal/reinstall, but the aluminum has almost a smooth inner wall...