HybridZ

240Z Seat swap with belts?

I'm going to replace my '70 Z seats with a set from a 2005 Honda Civic which I've read can fit nicely. Since the seats have the buckle as part of the seat I was wondering if I should integrate the seat belts from the same car. I'd feel better since The Honda's belts are newer and probably safer. Has any one done this mod?

Are you aware that the Z seats are only fastened to the body with four small bolts through sheet metal?  The seat would simply rip out of its' attachment points in an accident. Note that  the Z seat belts are attached to the body with large bolts.

What ever seats and seat belts you decide on, use the stock attachment points.

Are you aware that the Z seats are only fastened to the body with four small bolts through sheet metal?  The seat would simply rip out of its' attachment points in an accident. Note that  the Z seat belts are attached to the body with large bolts.

What ever seats and seat belts you decide on, use the stock attachment points.

Keep in mind that the seat has four attachment points where as the buckle for the seat belt has one! With that said the floor mounts are pretty thin use discretion in your final install

Thanks for the info. I inspected the seat & belt mounts and I should be able to mount the Honda seats in place of the originals. I wanted to upgrade the belts since the originals are 40+ years old. Was wondering if

anyone mounted an entire system from another vehicle and if they were able to somehow use the factory mount points that were made to take the stress of seat belts. Since I'm planning to use the buckle attached to the seats, I'll have to insure that the seat mounts are beefed up in the process.

Edited by jtz54