HybridZ

L28 Rebuild

Viva Datsun

Alright, let me start off by apologizing, because I know for a fact this has been covered a million times before. But I've been really sick the last couple days and I'm not perfectly lucid right now. 

Anyways, I just wanted somewhere to keep track of everything that actually relates to my project specifically. So, I've got an F54 block and either a P79 or an N47 (I know, I know...). I've been doing a lot of barely sober research today because I actually have time off from work and I've been getting a lot of mixed answers about the efficiency of the N47/ flat top piston combo. I know according to the L Engine calcualtor that it'll put me at 10.08:1ish and that with a stock cam you run into detonation issues. I've also read that a bigger cam will lower the dynamic compression enough to get by on premium pump gas. 

Now I just need someone to validate my idea here. F54 w/ flat tops, N47 head with mild port work, triple Weber 40's, MSA 3-2 header, and Web Cams 155a http://webcamshafts.com/index_blank.html?pages/vehicle_search.html

Is this enough cam to keep me from pinging with the N47, and is this cam appropriate for the rest of the motor? If it helps I'm running a 83 five speed and a 4.38 diff. Also I'm in Utah at about 5000 feet if that helps. Keep in mind this is a weekend car at best. 

Thanks for putting up with my medicated ramblings. Hopefully this was't too unnecessary 

I know for a fact this has been covered a million times before. 

Also one of my coworkers knocked my #4 piston off of the table and put a small dent on top. Is this gonna be a problem?

A billion.  Unshrouding the valves will enlarge the combustion chamber.  Ponder that in your delirium.  Beware "state dependent memory".  A theory that you recall things best in the same state you were in when you learned them.

Yes, but you'll probably get over your anger at him/her and things will get back to normal.

Beware "state dependent memory".  A theory that you recall things best in the same state you were in when you learned them.

That's pretty much why I started this thread. To help me keep track of everything I'm thinking about on my first day since the new year. And i cant find a pencil to write with