HybridZ

New Member 78 280Z

Hi all,

I am picking up this beauty this weekend. Anything I should be looking for besides rust rust rust? As far as I know, only the odometer, rpm gauge and e-brake do not work. I'll start diagnosing after I make the 13 hour drive back home. I hope she makes it!

IMG_8673%201.jpg

Photo%20May%2007%2009%2032%2019.jpg

Nice, first of all don´t mind all the people who don´t like the 2+2 , they haven´t seen the light yet :P just kidding. When we buy cars (don´t know if you already have) we make a big effort to see the car with a cold engine and then have it fired up and brought to temperature while we are there. But I´m sure you will get a lot more and precise info soon...

dmoralesbello, I just went through every single one of the posts in your thread. Your Z looks awesome! 

The owner of this one claims that it has "no rust" but I saw some traces of rust in the pictures he sent me. My plan is to use that to negotiate further when I arrive to pick it up. Even when he told me "no rust", I knew there would be some to find so it's not a deal breaker - just makes it more of a project! I plan to do any and all work myself. I will probably be putting an LS V8 in it since I work for a GM and must stick to my brand! I also am getting a T56 veryyy cheap! All in due time. In the meantime, cleaning it up, coilovers, maybe an LSD, bumper removal, dash and gage repair. I'm pretty excited to get started. I haven't had a project since I sold my 85 Porsche 944 a few years back.