HybridZ

388 ci sbc

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am building my 388 soon. Just bought my crank and was wondering if anyone knew if there was any difference amoung connecting rods brands. Scat, CatPower, Eagle..... or do they all pass the same specs and not really matter. The cat are $150 bushed. The same rod from scat is around $250 icon_eek.gif

Guest Anonymous

I believe Scat also did a V4 (half a chevy) engine used in midgets at one time. Last time I heard Arlen Ness (reknowned Harley customizer) was playing around with them by putting on his own overhead cam head on them. His intentions are to put them in a touring bike, his test mule had over 170hp which for a bagger (touring bike) would be incredible, he said you better be pointed straight when you peg the throttle. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, sorry for the trivia, but they're a reputable company with experience. icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

yes they have been around for a long time so that is a very good point. I just wonder if it is like many other parts where they are virtually the same thing.....or maybe even the same thing exactly. It wouldn't be the first time that a company bought bulk parts at discount and sold with thier own label for a profit.

from 73 240:It wouldn't be the first time that a company bought bulk parts at discount and sold with thier own label for a profit.

SCAT has their own forging and machine shop in Redondo Beach, CA. All of their products AFAIK, are made on the premises...I've seen it myself. They have various different castings/forgings and billet products at different $$$. Their 9000 series cranks are very good bang for the buck. They have an online catalogue at:http://www.scatcrankshafts.com/

Tim