HybridZ

Anyone Heard From Scarp?

Scottie-GNZ

Yep getting ready to get my tail to DFW (leave sunday)

as far as the GN goes hey Thur. I got a trailer from my father inlaw and went to see if I could purcase the whole car.

after talking to the old feller about it he said thet he would take $1,000 for it.

a grand for that ROLL OVER it has crush wrote all over it!!!

tell ya what I'm going to offer $300 one time for it or you can just keep it CRUSH IT and get $50 for the scrap metal.

Long story/short it's sitting in my father inlaws barn. waiting to be disassembled.

Oh by the way it's a 87 model I dont know if that is a disirable year as I know little about GN's

[This message has been edited by scarp (edited August 12, 2000).]

Yes it did. The question is whether or not it is stock. The GN folks go out of their way to get modified parts that look like stock.

Take it apart, inventory it, then decide what to do with the drivetrain. If you decide to do the GN swap, I believe you can complete the entire swap at no cost by reselling pieces you do not use. If you decide otherwise, you get give the drivetrain away for $2K. Unless you do not want an automatic, you cannot match the GN even if you spent twice that.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://www.mindspring.com/~vscott911/gnz.html

...sorry, had to jump in.

$300 for an '87 GN is FRICKING amazing!!! eek.gif

I've heard people buying up that stock intercooler for upwards of $200. And as for those GN'ers trying to look stock... yes, they can be VERY clever. Some guys out on my end of town has an 87 GN with a ten inch tire that looks "mildly" modified. Lisence plate reads "BADNEWS". After many-a-butt kickings, my friends and I all agree he's about a 9 second car. Truly a force to be reconed with. Too bad the owner n't very friendly. Oh well, I gotta have goals!!!

-Andy