HybridZ

Seeking diesel S30's

I have recently been asked by an online magazine "Diesel Army" to come up with interesting stories of diesel-powered vehicles.  They would be published only online, but would add considerable to the provenance and knowledge about the car and conversion process.

As a long-time original owner of a 1978 Black Pearl that I had for 39 years before I sold it last February, I recall having seen some conversions at shows in the Pacific Northwest where someone dropped an I-6 from a Maxima into an S30.  Mostly what I recall was that it was not particularly well done, but could have been. I considered purchasing it to finish it at the time, but concluded I didn't have the time, patience, or knowledge to do it properly.

I'd like to get in contact with anyone who has done such a conversion.  I suspect that a diesel with a small turbocharger would provide acceptable performance and quite possibly great mileage.  I just don't know.  No one in the local club hereabouts is aware of anyone doing such a thing.

For my purposes, the car can be located anywhere in the US, or even the world for that matter.  We can exchange information online quite easily.

If anyone either has done such a thing, or knows anyone who has -- including a car project under discussion -- please get in touch with me.  All replies will be responded to promptly.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.