HybridZ

Not A HybridZ, But........

Scottie-GNZ

Well impressive! I must admit I've been in a corvair and not impressed with it. Everytime you pushed it at all that damn fan belt was thrown. (silly design, turning a belt 90* with idler pullies) A very cool improvement to be sure!

PS: I like the .jpeg signatures the more I see them.

------------------

Richard Lewis

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant ongoing!

Drax's 72 240Z Turbo

Guest Anonymous

Yeah pretty cool. I've seen the swaps done before in a corvair, never with a Buick V6 though, thats a sweet swap. I've also see (and its still in a rather old engine swapping book by Hot Rod) a 912 porsche with a 455 olds tornado v8 stuffed in the back seat. It was cool, he made a engine cover of old suitcases so it just looked like luggage stacked in the back.

Lone

Ps: The Corvair belts were only half the problem, they leaked oil like the Exxon Valdez (at least the ones I've see and worked on). Theres a guy doing modified T-5 transmission conversions for Corvairs now too. I guess theres a cult following for them.

Guest JAMIE T

Clarks Corvair supply still offers the old Crown CorV8 conversion for about 600 bucks. Much like the V8Z, a light car with plenty of punch, and what an excellent sleeper.

Isn't the shifter in some funky place like coming out of the dash? Pretty weird, but then again, that's why I'm here...One of the car magazines this month has a slew of Corvairs in it (as Pete alluded to) with V8s. The one with a removable top is fabulous and some of them look pretty mean all fixed up, lowered with wide tires, etc.

Guest Anonymous

Heh, yeah the old automatic corvairs had a little lever in the dash to operate a 2 speed automatic I believe it was, pretty funny. Yeah, they're light, it was Chevy's compact car of the time, the turbo spiders actually went pretty well for a early carbed turbo setup, lots of lag, but a pretty good kick in the seat (well relatively, we're not talking 911 turbo here) when the engine room finally sent up the steam.

Lone