HybridZ

Scottie???????

Guest Z Man377

Guest Z Man377

How many accessories are you running off your motor? Or how did you delete the powersteering pump and Ac compressor?

Im about ready to pull out the Motor out of the GN and Get after it!!!!!!

Thanks Jerry

My car is a 71 and the a/c was removed eons ago. Only thing on my engine is the alternator. I am using a simple custom-made bracket to let it sit lower than normal and using Heim joints for adjustability. If you look at the 2nd pic on the top row in my site you can get a glimpse of the alt bracket. I can help you make one if you wish.

Guest Z Man377

I sure like the clean look your motor has with just an alt on it!!!

I would like some help to do the same, When the time comes.

NEXT ? How did you get around the speed sensor that was on the back of the dash panel? And did you make your own wiring harness or use the Casper harness?

Thanks Scottie. icon_smile.gif

I used a stock GN harness and removed what was not needed which ended up being about half of the harness icon_biggrin.gif. I am using a VSS from JTR mounted on the speedo connection on the tranny.

Getting ready to help my buddy do a Buick turbo/II-gen RX-7 this summer so we will probably be making some parts as we required.

Hey Stony,

Mark is not the one building the GN-RX7. The 1.8L was doing fine in the Silvia, enough to go 12.0 @ 119 with lots of wheelspin, then he broke the tranny trying a 7000RPM launch. He pulled the 1.8L, adding new cams and more HP intending to build an all-out drag car with an old 200SX. That went by the wayside. He still has not touched the RB25. He then wanted to turn the 240Z into an ITS car and not sure how that is going because last I heard he bought a bike.

Too many options.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Z Man377

Sorry i was trying to change my Profile

And Signature. Just seeing if it Changed!!!!!

But, While i am here. What do i need to get you to make that Alt bracket? Just let me know and i will get it.

Thanks Jerry

Jerry...what are you planning on doing???

As I mentioned I've owned a Turbo 6 before AND have built a de-stroked 400 (377).

My 377 was the strongest engine I've ever done!!! It was a 12.5 to 1 engine with hogged Bowtie heads. It ran 10.80's w/o(!) nitrous through the muffs in a 75' Vega Wagon (pics on my website).

Then I put it in a back halved 66' Chevy II and went 10.50@127mph.

The turbo motor we built went 11.20@123 for the next owner as i broke too many parts on my TR and sold it after dropping the engine in...

Are you doing a swap into your Z or another?? Heck, my Limited went 11.77@109mph with the stock IC, DP and injectors!!! I used a 50 shot of nitrous to acheive that...

Later, and good to meet you Friday night. See ya' on the 31st.

Zman,

you have 2 choices. Since my car is down, I can pull it off and send it to you and you can have a machine shop make you one or I can have a local machine shop make one. I have no idea what it would cost. If I send it to you, I need to be assured I will get it back in a timely manner.

Guest Z Man377

Thanks for the trust and offer!!!

I'll will leave it up to you. Give me a rough estimate. And i'll send you the money

to have one made. I really dont know of a great machine shop around here. Is the bracket made from another bracket. Or made from scratch?