HybridZ

How do I check if my cat is plugged?

madmanadam

Guest bang847

I think the car should run right without the EGR.. the EGR basically suppose to recirculate gas (less oxygen and fuel)to lower the combustion chamber tempratures that is associated with the formation of NOX.. so I was under the impression that the EGR served as only a SMOG device... If it is sticky and stays open at idle then your power output is drascicallty affected... if it is disconnected and stays close throughout the rev band it should not affect performance... actually it should increase performance by a little... Earlier mopars had a EGR system grafted on and it lowered outputs but it was enough to help it pass emisions... I actually got a similar problem on my isuzu pickup... I have a good feeling that the problem is all vacuum.. once i disconnected all my vacum lines and i had power again.. but it wouldnt idle... anyways... it is a carburated nightmare.... sorry this is so long...