HybridZ

Anyone done a syclone/typhoon swap

Guest jens

Closest thing I believe would be John Scott's s-charged 4.3L. Cannot argue about the heads and displacement of the Sy/Ty and if both were kept stock they probably would be equal or even give the edge to the Sy/Ty. However, no one keeps these things stock as it is just too damn easy to squeeze power out of them :D . Once you start doing that, the Buick gets you more bang for the buck.

Is it the fuel system that is better on the gn? I have considered the vortec v6 with 2 turbos and syclone injection system because of the better heads and rods and less than zero available gn and syclone engines in europe.

That do you think of the bmw 745i turbo engine.

In europe i can buy several crashed cars cheap.

This is a link to a site claiming 450 hp with only chip rr fuelpressure regulator and bigger exhaust

http://www.viinikellari.com/745/intro.htm

The engine management system on the GN is more flexible and therefore has been explored by the tuners. A Vortec with TT and a standalone management system would be a killer. Buddy of mine is finisihing up a truck with a Ty engine, bigger turbo and SDS. Should make 400hp when the boost is turned up. I can take a pic if you are interested.

Not that familiar with the 745i as far as modifying them is concerned. I would have said 50hp for 1.3bar is a little optimistic but since they have a dyno sheet to prove it... If it is flywheel hp then I can certainly buy into that.

The 450 hp with 1.1 bar if exhaust and fuelpressureregulator is changed is because we got 98 octane in europe. With 93 octane and cat it would be much lower. a na 735i engine has 218 hp in europe so lets say 2.1x218 = 457.

now if you wanted to do something for cheap, i was thinking abotu this myself when i was

considering a turbo z car with a stick, was that the 4.3 v6 five speed iroc setups go for

butt cheap, considering most people go straight for the eight, myself included, but you

could probably even name your price for these setups at most gm salvage yards. they come with a nice tpi setup too, use the same mounts, run a turbo setup on that with some pistons and it could be a lot of fun.

They never used the 4.3 in the Camaro, just the 3.8 Buick v6. You'd have to score a 4.3 from a truck. The best bet is probably a complete driveline from a 97 Camaro/Firebird with the 3.8 and 5 speed. The newer cars have drive by wire and would be harder to swap than the cable throttle motor.