HybridZ

1978 280z Engine Sputtering/Bogging ..

30 minutes ago, bunkhouse said:

Describe "the same spot". Anything unique about that spot? Hill, curve, the same amount of miles till it dies?

its pretty crazy i am here sitting trying to think what is so specially about this “spot” i may be over thinking it but it is truly a coincidence that it dies at the same spot.. (2 days in a row around 6:10AM, 35-40 degrees outside)

it is a flat straight paved road.. from the gym to this “spot” is about 2 miles and thats about 10mins of driving..

its odd because from home to gym is 9 miles and thats about 20-25mins with side street and some freeway.. and the car hasnt died on me.. 

not sure if its important to note.. but first thing in the morning at home.. after parking all night.. the car takes about 2-3 cranks before starting.. but after that drive from home to the gym .. i would work out for about an hour and drive to work.. the car starts right up with half a try .. but after a 10mins drive from the gym it dies..

thanks

Edited by cclxxxz

Good morning!

So yesterday.. I replaced the water temp sensor.. cleaned the bullet connectors.. i also test for continuity on all of the pins in the ecu.. i am not quite convince with my test ill probably redo it and document it and take a video. 

so when testing for continuity any type of reading means its good correct? 

i am getting some reading on the following..

TVS (full throttle) 

AFM

ATS

WTS

Air Regulator

Thermotime Switch

Ground Circuits all good..

except for TVS at Idle switch .. am i suppose to get a continuity when in this position?

i also tested..

Revolution trigger signal

Power line circuit

Cylinder #1-6

and all 12v+

I did a fuel pressure test.. with a brand new fuel pump and fuel filter.. i also dropped the tank and inspected if i have any rust above and the tank looks good just dusty.. i can hear the pump working and making a sound.. the ground and positive wires are in good conditionat the pump.. (although i want to track the wiring along inside of the car to check its not grounding out) 

when i performed the fuel pressure test.. i followed the step by step of the FSM by releasing pressure first by jumping the CSV.. then disconnecting the starter and ignition coil..

i uploaded to video here.. 

it looks like its reading 38psi.. and when i connected everything and with the car idling .. its at 32psi..

car idling..

and today 2/25.. on my way to work.. just about 10mins of driving .. the car died while in 5th gear in the FWY.. pulled over and kept on trying to start the car.. eventually the car started and drove fine got to the gym.. and on my way to work from gym.. about 5mins of driving the car died again.. after trying to start the car a couple of time.. started fine again and i got to work..

during lunch break i checked my spark plugs.. 

0A29FFC0-AAE0-4343-AC71-6B80581D7A1C.jpeg

99A84131-706F-4993-B607-8841A7ABF5D0.jpeg

0D59D4C0-0466-4934-AA45-499177CAD040.jpeg

EE395440-D688-44B9-B9D7-2F3D1651C3E2.jpeg

EE85B653-B011-493A-A42E-3E51F8114FF2.jpeg

I tested my Air Flow Meter today..cleaned it , inspexted the flap and also my friends to compare.. same result on both AFM his also has No Resistance when testing 6 & 27.

So i am getting the right resistance for the following terminals except for #6 & #27 which is the Air Temp Sensor..

Terminal 8 & 6 , Results - 199.8

Terminal 9 & 8 , Results - 114.2

Terminal 6 & 27 , Results - No Resistance