HybridZ

Need engine suggestion please!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello, I have decided to undertake the V8 conversion on a 240Z. Which engine do you guys suggest for fuel injection? I need a good engine that I can get a lot of horsepower out of without supercharging it. I would like to run a 5 speed manual. My intention is for some drag racing(but not hardcore). I want a car that I can take to the track and do very well against everyone but, also have something I can cruise around in. I would like to get around 400HP. Models and years would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Steve

[This message has been edited by swat5444 (edited May 15, 2000).]

Steve,

Best bet would be to pul;l the engine, harness and trans out of a Late odel F body or Vette if you want to go Fuel injected. Can't go wrong there, as they come with aluminum accessories, and the fuel injection is proven!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

A more expensive alternative would be to

go aftermarket. Several companies sell fully

programmable EFI systems. Namely Accel-DFI,

Haltech, SDS and Electromotive.

Accel has full blown kits right down to the

manifold and throttle bodies. I don't know if

the L98 TPI manifold will fit though...Or you

can just get a stocker motor and swap in the

programmable EFI system.

I went with a TPIS manifold and the Haltech

E6K. Expensive stuff, I wonder if I will ever

get it started?? Looks good on paper though.

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fast Frog

I installed a Chevy 383 in my 76Z four years ago. I had a mini-grand national turbo set up with an 82 ZX engine, but the low end sucked. I did, however, have that turbo set up with Accel's DFI programmable system-what a difference!! I kept the DFI system for the 383 installation and purchased TPIS's LT-1 mini-ram. The whole engine endeavor was rather expensive: custom built 383-$2400, TPIS with accessories-$2000, Crane HR cam (big dif over a non roller cam)-$900, Edelbrock Perf RPM heads-$1000. The original DFI system cost $1500 plus additional for upgraded fuel pump, 30 lb inj's, and 3/8" fuel line. With my 5 lb Paxton, it runs 450 HP at 5000 ft elev here in Colorado.