HybridZ

the power of a Stage 2 Buick

RickB

Scottie, you'll find this interesting...

fellow Z'er Greg Kring now has a Stage 2 motored GN. I witnessed him run 11.20 something at 129mph on 15#'s boost, pump gas and radial TA's (not DR's)!!!

He then went 10.40's at 131mph on ET streets and still low boost and pump gas!

Greg also told me face to face that he ran a 10.06@139 if i recall correctly at 19#'s boost!!!

INCREDIBLE!!!

Folks, this is in a full weight GN with CD player, A/C, etc., etc.

Imagine if you dare what it would do in one of our cars biggrin.gif

------------------

RickB@DragRacer.com

280V8

http://www.rickb.racemail.com

Rick,

I don't play with modified GN's anymore, some of them are just too mean for me. Some guys will have a few mods and I can just waste them, while other bone stock looking GN's will just annihilate me. Unless I'm running an honest 9 second street car, I will still be suspecious of the "average" looking GN. And even then... rolleyes.gif

...turbo's are cool.

-Andy

------------------

"But I don't sit idly by,

I'm planning a big surprise."

Andrew's Land of Z and Honey

That is truely awsome, a 3700lb car doing that fast on pump gas. Greg sure does know how to tune them. It will be very intresting when he gets his Z done, he has the know how to get that one into the 11's.

Anybody heard from Stealth Webb, intrested if he got his coilpack conversion done on the DFI .

The GN is not exactly aerodynamic, heard of them referred to as the flying barn door biggrin.gif

I too, eagerly await to hear more about Gregs Z. I keep checking back to his webiste, not much going on there! It sure would be nice to see a few more 11 second Z's out there. Or 10 second ones! Furthurmore there aren't a whole heck of a lot of 11 second Nissan powered Z's out there. (maybe I'll be there someday though)

------------------

Richard Lewis

drax2.gif

RickB,

I heard from Greg and I think he is having too much fun with the StageII to bother with the Z. I calculated 764RWHP on the 10.06 run and he says he plans to go for it at the Texas meet with slicks and 25# boost. That should put him in the 850hp range but since he only has a 6-pt cage and no license, he gets one pass befor they kick him off. He also mentioned it needed a bigger turbo rolleyes.gif

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

Scottie's GNZ

Just found out on the turbobuick board that Greg had an "incident". The shaft on the turbine side of his turbo snapped and the impeller WENT THROUGH the cast iron turbine housing and put a hole in his hood. That precious engine is undamaged and now he has the excuse for upgrading to a T-88 turbo eek.gif

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

Scottie's GNZ

quote:

Originally posted by Scottie-GNZ:

Just found out on the turbobuick board that Greg had an "incident". The shaft on the turbine side of his turbo snapped and the impeller
WENT THROUGH
the cast iron turbine housing and put a hole in his hood. That precious engine is undamaged and now he has the excuse for upgrading to a T-88 turbo
eek.gif

Wow! that's a 10.0 on my pucker factor scale!

Umm, I just got a look yesterday at a 94 or 95 Mustang 5.0 that had a little "problem". Seems th eclutch, not the flywheel, let go. It sheared ALL bolts off, exited stage right taking a chink of frame with it, shattered the trans bellhousing and case, AND took out a chunk of engine block with it including the starter. What was left look like a grenade went off inside and left metal everywhere. I have NO idea what this guy was doing when it went but had it gone UP instead of to the right it could've been his legs instead of the suspensionframe. I might try to get some pics of the damage just for funsies. Make me wish just a bit for a blowproof bellhousing on this T56! SFI flywheel is nice and all but this was the darned clutch that blew!

Heh, so what did it sound like when that turbo blew? Lucky it didn't take out part of the fuel system and start a weenie roast (shiver).