HybridZ

Looking to Purchase FIRST Datsun 280z...Opinions on Current Option

Elliott Stiles

Hey guys, brand new to the community. This will be my first Datsun, if everything works out with the PPI and the deal doesn't fall through with the seller. I know this is for cars for sale, but I would love the hear from people who own this car and who can take a look at the information I have and see if this seems like a good deal / price etc.

1976 Datsun 280z
RestoMod
5 speed manual transmission
Located in San Diego, CA
Clean title, under the seller's name
Registration up to date and he's getting it smogged tomorrow before the PPI and sale
Supposedly third owner, and SUPPOSEDLY original 16k miles. (Based on previous owners and his own accounting this MIGHT be accurate, but I doubt its more then 116k at most)

Haven't driven it yet, or seen it in person. Going down there on Monday for the process. But what are your thoughts?

datsun_007.jpg

datsun_002.jpg

datsun_001.jpg

datsun_006.jpg

datsun_005.jpg

datsun_004.jpg

Edited by Elliott Stiles

Looks nice enough, except for the flares, which looks like cheap ebay flares. I don't know if you want to flare the car, but that would be a pretty big negative for me, especially if the fenders have been cut. The front grill looks a little silly too. Looks like someone found a nice example, and then did a couple cheap and poorly executed mods. Photos don't show any close ups of the usual rust spots though, or details of any areas that were modified, so kind of hard to get a good idea of its real condition. I also don't know how much work has actually been done to it, is it a mostly original car with a few mods, or has it had a paint job and an interior too? If the latter, I'd look at it really hard based on the quality of the more obvious work done. 

Edited by rturbo 930