HybridZ

wastgates

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I wanted to know if anyone could recomend a

good wastgate for 11-15 pounds of boost.

the motot is built up and i just want things to stay that way. Would it matter if it is new of used.

Don't you have one on the turbo?If not drax could help i have a stock wastegate and does 13 psi no problem it will go higher but my pop off valve is too weak to hold any more pressure than that.If it's the blow off valve then look on ebay there are alot of them on there.

It is not the boost you need to worry about, but the flow. You can run 17psi with the stock internal wastegate and have no problems with creep. It is more a question of HP developed that will dictate the use of an external wastegate. 350hp is no problem for a factory internal wastegate and if you did see some creep you can just do some mild porting around the wastegate hole and it will solve your problems.

That was not my original thinking, but if you properly port the area around the wastegate hole and possible enlarge it some with a bigger puck, you could probably support 350@wheels with an internal wastegate. It would not be my setup of choice. I used to run A T04E with a 57trim @19psi of boost and had to do some porting around the wastegate hole to eliminate some boost creep. I had no problems after that. I figure that motor was in the 340hp@wheels range.

Go with the biggest external wastegate you can fit that way any future mods to engine or turbo you be set... oh yea make the wastegate pipe come out right behind the front wheel this way when somebody pisses you off ... well need i go any further ;>