HybridZ

Alternative Rack and Pinon fro 280ZX

AZ_280ZX

Hey guys, I have a '81 280ZX GL Left hand drive that I am looking to turbo swap but unfortunately I have the recalculating ball steering as is standard on that year, which interferes with the turbo. Unfortunately for me I am unable to find any in my area locally and have looked on the internet but not a lot there (maybe I'm not looking hard enough). I'm looking for a Substitute Rack and Pinon that can replace the steering. I also am planning on putting a aftermarket entire front and rear suspension from Apex Engineering. I'm looking for a drop in R&P but understand that may not be realistic. 

Here is the link for the Aftermarket Suspension: https://www.apexengineered.com/s130---280zx1.html

I'm also not skilled at fabrication so unfortunately its out of knowledge.

Edited by AZ_280ZX

The 280ZX also came with manual or power rack-and-pinion steering. You should be able to pick one of those up easily enough. Post a wanted ad in one of the popular Datsun parts groups on Facebook. Be careful about scammers though.