HybridZ

Holset he351c on l28et

MerloZ

I see a few Cummins turbos for sale on marketplace near me and I'm tempted to get one. I see a few threads on them but am unsure of If i absolutely need an external wastegate or if the internal ones are okay. I still have stock injectors and fuel rail as well. Upgraded tranny to sr20 trans and a stronger driveshaft to an r200. Also will I need the 280zx drive axles?

• 1 month later...

I Ran it with the internal waste gate. I had the hole bored till it was just smaller than the flapper disk.  It worked but I did experience some boost creep when I was pushing 20psi.  Since then I have seen people make a bigger flapper out of an exhaust valve and then bore the hole accordingly.  I would say you need to upgrade everything if you want to push a he351cw.  you would need full stand alone. bigger injectors, and the driveline is more dependent on how you drive. if you only ever roll into the power it can last. If your clutch kicking under power stuff will snap.