HybridZ

Alternator Recommendations for Painless Harness?

Working on a rewire for my '72 240Z (moving to a Painless Universal 10101). My voltage regulator is crapped out (alternator tests fine though) and I'd like to simplify the harness a bit, so I'm looking for something that's internally regulated.

I'm not planning to run anything outside of stock aside from a modern radio and LED headlights (will be using relays on the headlights), so a 60 amp option from a 280ZX would probably be fine. I'm also looking at the 90 amp option from the 1985 Maxima, but looks like that would require swapping the pulley?

Does the 280ZX model seem like a good fit? Any other recommendations for something I can bolt on and run using a 12V power and an exciter wire?

Edited by nkopp

There are actually quite a few threads threads here on this exact topic; this is just one example, but a quick search will yield several results.

https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/67531-ac-delcogm-alternator-swap-part-2-cs144-installation/

There are also several discussions, same topic, on ClassicZCars.com if you're unable to find a solution that you like here.

Thanks, other threads is where I got the information on the 280ZX and Maxima options. Those threads were primarily with the OEM wiring harness (and have work arounds to delete the external regulator) and I guess the difference in my question here is what would work well with Painless vs. OEM.