HybridZ

240z rear bumper side bolt location needed

I am currently welding up holes on my early 260z. I will be converting to a 240 rear bumper and deleting the shock system out back. Does anyone have a pic of the side bolt location on their 240z? My 260 has around 4 holes on the side. I’d like to weld up the ones I don’t need anymore. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

None of the factory holes on my 280Z worked for the Skinny 240Z bumper install. Holes needed were about 9" down from the side molding, and about 5.5" forward of the existing bumper side mount captive nut. Are the 260Z bumpers similar to the 280Z version?

spacer.png

The right side ends up very close to the filler neck

spacer.png

spacer.png

bracket with rubber sleeve

spacer.png

Thanks for the pics! I have an early 260. The 260's are similar to the 240s but I believe use their own mounting system as they had shocks and stick out further. My bumpers are pretty bad so I am looking at some repro 240z ones. I have several holes on the sides where the bumper sits but I am not sure if they line up or not. I am welding up uneeded holes all over the car (including the ones from an old vinyl top😄) and wanted to know if I needed to save one or all of them.