HybridZ

Is my cam too big?

72turboz

I mentioned spark plugs because my L28et at 6psi simply felt a bit weak as the rpms climbed.   

I went through everything except the spark plugs and made sure everything tested good or was new.

Then I noticed I hadn't replaced the spark plugs in a P79 I swapped in so I can get my P90s all sorted out.    

Swapped plugs from the P90 (30k+miles same plug number) and the car came back to life.

So one week, it did 15.8 in the quarter and the with changing only the plugs a week later, it ran 14.6 on 7psi.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/6/2023 at 1:25 PM, HowlerMonkey said:

I mentioned spark plugs because my L28et at 6psi simply felt a bit weak as the rpms climbed.   

I went through everything except the spark plugs and made sure everything tested good or was new.

Then I noticed I hadn't replaced the spark plugs in a P79 I swapped in so I can get my P90s all sorted out.    

Swapped plugs from the P90 (30k+miles same plug number) and the car came back to life.

So one week, it did 15.8 in the quarter and the with changing only the plugs a week later, it ran 14.6 on 7psi.

New plugs were in the car, we even pulled them and inspected them during the dyno session. Everything was good, used non projected tip plugs as well as one step colder. Gapped 0.028 if I remember correctly. Will begin the process of replacing cam and having a 3 inch exhaust installed then heading back to the dyno shortly after.