HybridZ

Intercooler ?'s

Sean 83ZXT

I believe the IC for the Ford truck is too big to fit up front. The Spearco IC would be a good one IF the end tanks were at the top and bottom of the core (29.5 X 3.5 charge air area), but they aren't, so the IC is not suited for a large engine - too much pressure drop at the 600-900 CFM flow you will need.

I don't have direct experience with either IC, just doing research at the moment, so if someone else has better information they need to pipe up.

Hmm my knowledge in the area is weak at best.

I found a pile of I/C's for sale at Zcar.com I ended up buying one from a guy who posted several there.

He sent me a couple of pics of this same type of I/C in a Z, so I hope it will work ok for me..at least I know it will fit..max dimensions at 23"X18" 2 5/8" inlet/outlet, and it is a crossflow design...Oh yea..it is from a Volvo. I could not pass it up for the price..I just hope I did the right thing..

Scott.

Sorry, got sidetracked. I picked up a set of late Z-28 wheels and was "pre-occupied". Like watching your baby stand up for the first time, the GNZ is off the jack stands and on the ground! Still has no springs/shocks so the parent still has a supporting hand out (jack under the diff). At least now I see what it looks like on the ground with the wheels and tires.

I know no one else is interested, but these Z-28 wheels are 16x8 and weigh in at 17lbs each. Fantastic for a big OEM wheel and compares well to a 15x8 Weld Draglite which weighs 12lbs.

I will get the details and pics on the I/Cs maybe tomorrow.