HybridZ

SDS at over 15psi?

Guest Tom Scala

1 Bar sensor? If I'm not mistaken, that will not register over atmospheric. For anything up to 15 psi, you would need a 2 bar sensor, and over that you would need a 3 bar sensor for boost up to 30psi. If you want to run more boost than the sensor can handle, you will either run rich at lower boost levels or lean at the higher ones, depending on how you write your map. IMHO, this defeats the purpose of running the SDS, which is to precisely meter fuel according to boost and RPM.

I asked almost the same question on the SDS forum. basically i was told to get the next map sensor up (ie 3bar instead of 2bar). when you order the next MAP up they send you directions on how to put the ECU into setup mode where you can change the ECU so it knows you have a higher MAP sensor. you can check the SDS forum out at http://network54/hide/forum/150383.... I wish I knew how to make this link so you could click on it..... hope this helps you out. later!

~Kenny

Guest Tom Scala

Has anyone run a 1 bar SDS at over 15psi? Would you just run more fuel at the last man press input or more RPM fuel. How high can you go on a 1 bar assuming you have enough fuel delivery,octane and a good IC?

Tom,

you can certainly go a few #s over but I am not sure I feel comfortable recommending going up to 20#. I ran 17# and the power was phenominal. If you go over 15#, the ECU will use the last values in the related maps, in this case, MAN PRESS and IGN RETARD. So, the trick is to add a little more fuel onto the last boost setting in MAN PRESS and pull out a couple of degrees timing on the last boost setting in IGN RETARD. Try running 17# and keep a close eye on the Duty Cycle.

BTW, when you do go to a 3-bar, the mappings will be a little different, with slightly less granularity. However, since you are venturing into serious grin factor territory, it seems you have a handle on the maps and should have no problem transcibing from 2-bar to 3-bar.

18-20# on race gas. You are in for some serious fun icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif .