HybridZ

stock suspension with custom wheel and tire size

Sorry I guess it might be ask over hundred times.  I found many answers are either with coilover or wide fender. 

How about stock suspension in 280z if seeking no rubbing on a 15" x8 wheel, what offset and tire setting could recommended these day ?

0 offset if you're going 8 in wide. Not totally positive that will clear with stock spring perches, but if you go any more negative offset you'll definitely end up rubbing unless you have more aggressive negative camber which isn't ideal. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 9:52 AM, Zetsaz said:

0 offset if you're going 8 in wide. Not totally positive that will clear with stock spring perches, but if you go any more negative offset you'll definitely end up rubbing unless you have more aggressive negative camber which isn't ideal. 

Thx, that great info.  what do you think on tire setting with 15x 8 0 offset?

• 4 weeks later...

With my stock suspension I went with a 16x7 wheel with 0 offset.  With that setup I was able to run a 225/50-16 tire and have it clear the suspension and the fender.

Stock size tire is a 195/70-14.  A 205/60-15 would be the standard +1 to maintain the same tire diameter as the stock and thus not screw up your speedometer.  If you stay with 15" the best size combination for a stock wheelwell is 225/55-15 on a wheel with a 0 offset.

• Thanks 1