HybridZ

turbo fuel pump

I have an '83 ZXT and a '75. I asked the Nissan mechanic working on my ZX what the difference between fuel pumps between them was and he said "only that the Turbo Pump operated at two voltages dependant upon the engines current need" and both could supply the same amount of fuel at the same pressures.

Don't know that he was right or not, but he had a ZXT also and loves the cars, gave 'em up w/family on the way....

I am pretty sure the turbo pump can supply more fuel at a higher pressure. Since the manifold pressure on a turbo car rises 7 psi over atmosphere, and the injectors are rated for a higher flow, you would be wise to run a turbo pump. I am selling used Bosch pumps as upgrades - the factory ZXT pump flows 90 liters/hour at 50 psi (37 base + 13 psi boost), and the pump I am selling delivers 145 liters/hour at 50 psi. This is enough pump to supply the popular Ford SVO injectors (370cc/min @ 40 psi) at a boost pressure of 13 psi.