HybridZ

OMG!!!! i got my hybrid turbo today

scottyMIz

man this thing is huge i can't believe how big this thing is :eek: It makes my t3 look like a little freaking babyi can fit the outlet that goes to the intake from the compressor inside of the hybrid turbo.I will take a pic tonight and post it holy $hit i can't believe it :D I think i'm dreaming:)

:eek:

That inlet sure does look funny (small inside a large), but I don't recommend modifying that, I imagine it's there for a reason. Looks good, and I'm sure it will need a spacer. I would also look into getting the .63 A/R turbine housing on that.

rockon.gif

A/R is the area (cross-sectional) of the turbine divided by the radius of the snail at the cross-section point. This number is a constant all along the snail scroll. A smaller number generally means a smaller area (more restrictive), but that will give you a higher turbine speed (for better spool). You already know spool speed is traded off for top end power.

So you would have to pull off the wastegate housing and the snail, and replace them with your stock pieces - it is not too dificult, but you need to make sure the turbine is the same size.

Will your downpipe flange bolt up to the new turbine housing? Some of those T3 sections are not compatible with the ZX downpipe flange, in which case you must bolt on your stock turbine snail and wastegate pieces.

When I upgraded to the hybrid turbo, I had to have the stock .63 turbine housing honed out for it to fit. The turbine wheel was too large for the stock T3 housing. I also had the stock flute inside the housing opened up a little as well for better flow. I also had to have another bracket made for the wastegate since I had to move it and give it a different angle to the (flapper) for lack of the proper term. For the money I paid for all of the extra work I had to have done, I coulda just sent mine out to have it rebuilt instead of buying a "bargain" $500 turbo. I wish you better luck than I had. I also wanted to keep that nice 2.5" SS downpipe tongue.gif

hey z gad mine swapped ok and all i have to do is make the actuator work.But everything just swapped right over and it works (spins ) fine so far.I had to index it to make it work with my car.I figure it'll work good it has the 63 ar on it now so i shouldn't have any troubles with spool up and holding at the top end.Thanks guys for all the help

Scotty nice lookn turbo. That thing is big. Make sure to start with the stock boost setting (5.5 psi) then slowly turn up the boost. I don't plan to turn up the boost until I have a 1000 miles on the turbo, I get that when I go to the MSA show. I'm not sure if your suppose to break in the turbo but just incase I'm going to leave it at stock boost.

Good Luck and let us know how it bolts up.

oh you already saw it i just posted a reply on the other one oh well thanks ron i like alot i kinda hate to put it on the car it looks so good :D That is a good idea ron i plan to break mine in too well i have to i have new rings and bearings in the old girl so i have to be nice i was gonna run 7 psi you think it's too much?

Guest Anonymous

Very nice, Scotty!

That turbo aught to suit your power needs quite well. Well if you're breaking in rings and bearings anyway, it shouldn't be a problem with breaking in the seals and bearings of the turbo. Just make sure its getting well lubricated, I'd run no more than 6 psi boost during break in. I'd like to hear how it goes when you turn up the boost. Good luck, and godspeed on breaking everything in!

-980mak rockon.gif