HybridZ

NEW gas tank for my 1972 240Z

A to Z

So, I decided to cry uncle on patching and repairing my original 52 year old gas tank, and went ahead and ordered one from Chris Visscher at S30.world.  He is very easy to work with, and the tank I received in the mail showed up just a few days after shipemnt from Europe to my doorstep in Colorado.  So incredibly fast shipping.  It appears from the box it was manufactured in Taiwan, and the ports that ARE on the tank have nice rubber plugs on them, and the tank comes with an additional drain plug, a nice unit all zinc plated.  In the pics below you can see how it was shipped and I shined a light inside and grabbed a few pics for you to see how it looks on the inside.  I also went ahead and snagged some new rubber bits to go on the tank to isolate it from the car....I found them on eBay motors via a quick search, Chris also sells them I believe.  So, next will be install.  I also snapped a pic of where you can locate the gas tank on eBay Motors if you wish to buy it through them, and I also provided the email addresses to reach them.  I went through eBay motors, and quickly received an email from Chris wanting to know if I actually wanted all the vents on the tank or not, as the tank on eBay is US spec with all the ports.  That was great, as I really didn't want all the ports, and it added that little extra bit of customer service that I like.  See pics below,  Cheers. :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg