HybridZ

someone help me with exhaust header for turbo

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all, I have been looking through some sites and I have seen some really nice exhaust headers that were custom made! And I was thinking to myself that I could make me one too rockon.gif . Does anyone on here have AutoCAD experince? Or does anyone know where I can get some more info as too building my own header? It will be for a turbo application. Its going into a 78 280z. I would like to incorperate in my design the use of an external wastegate!

I posted in the exhaust part but didnt get much help!!! Besides they were all talking about headers for V8's!! Please help me out!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Russell

Guest Anonymous

Russell,

As far as the program goes, you are wanting to us AutoCAD Mechnical software. There are some newer versions to be had for a few thousand bucks, unless you are a student. You can also get a hacked copy off of the net. It will give calculated flow, wall thicknesses and 3D locationing. It will give you the chance to view the header from unlimited view points. There are other programs too that help with thermal break-down and back-pressure claculations (I'm sure). I've been thinking about drawing the L6 motor in 3D space, but I haven't had the time.

If you have questions for me, here is my e-mail; nbucholz@imageworksarch.com

Have fun!

Nic 2thumbs.gif