HybridZ

Turbo specs, characteristics

Guest Cusp

Guest Cusp

Hey guys, I was just curious if I could get some help with my hybrid turbo. I've written down all the stampings on the turbo, could anyone tell me what they mean, and what kind of charisterics it's gonna have on my engine?

Ex housing:

BYC

number 3 stamped on the side of flange.

Intake side:

A/R .60

I didn't see any other specs on it, it has a Nissan wastegate, which kinda surprised me. There's a funny looking "A" symbol on the side, the A is flat on the right side but curved on the left. Might be the company logo.

I got this turbo for a very good deal, that's why I don't know anything about it. It's got a water cooled center section too.

I already have a large NPR interocoler, BOV, supplimental injectors, everything I'd need to make this puppy go. My dad's a machinist too, so that helps. I just want to know what this turbo will spool like, how the top end will be, etc. or what mods I should have done to it to make it perform differently.

Thanks in advance.

If it's a T3/T4 hybrid, you have the stock exhaust housing. I don't know much about A/R on the compressor side but I just researched my compressor -- knowing it was a T4B, I took off the snail of the compressor and measured the inducer and exducer diameters and compared them to the dimesioned wheels on the turbonetics website. I was able to positively identify my hybrid as a T4B with the V1/V2 trim.

If it has the stock nissan waste gate actuator on it, and it is not modified to fit, then you probably just have a stock turbo. The bolt holes on the actuator bracket don't line up on a T04B housing, and I would assume they would not line up on a T04E housing since it is larger.

One way to tell is to measure the inlet on the compressor housing. Usually a t3/t4 hybrid will be on the order of 2.75 to 3 inches, if it is smaller than that, you have a t3. Some of these folks have a picture of their hybrid posted next to a stock turbo, which may give you an idea of what you have. My guess is it is probably just a stock turbo.

Guest Cusp

Now that you mention it, Lockjaw, the housing bolts on the actuator don't fit right. One lined up, but the other is barely being held down by it's bolt.

I know this is a hybrid, I've seen the stock turbos, and this one is quite a bit bigger. It's the same size as Scotty's hybrid:

turbos.jpg

(hope he doesn't mind that)

I got mine from someone who didn't know what they had, that's how I got it so cheap. And why I don't know anything about it.

Guest Anonymous

Hey cusp, I was reading your post and realized that I had read the numbers/markings off of an old turbo compressor housing and on the discharge nozzle inside lip it had (.60) on one side and (3) on the other. Also on the Turbine housing it had (A/R .63) on it. I only have the housing's. The center section is missing. Could these parts be of a value to my future turbocharged 240Z???

If so someone please reply. I'll see if I can get a photo of them. Thanks yall. smile.gif