HybridZ

WOW is all i can say

I'm just in aw on the power this engine and turbo have even at 7-8psi(it's what it runs with the line just ran to the actuator)I can't wait to turn it up and the response is just unbelieveable.Glad i got talked into swapping the exhaust housings it spools just as fast if not faster than the stock turbo and it hits hard.I finally have it legal and it runs very cool usually it ran at 1/2 now it runs at 1/4 on the stick gauge.I only have one seat in the car and it's the passenger seat bolted to the driver's side so i can drive it to work and stuff.I am suppose to have the seats tomorrow well at least one is suppose to be done(i hope).I haven't even taken it over 4k yet i'm scared to and it has so much power up to it i have been scared to anyway.I'm really glad the seat is bolted down now on the road it is a hell of a ride.Just have to save the money for ross's adapters and swap the cv's and other rear in it. The clutch i got from TimZ is a touchy one it's either all or nothing so i have to get use to it but it engages nice and hard when you want it to.I almost even had a race but i had to back off didn't want the poor little camaro to look too bad plus i was being nice to it to break it in properly.He did stay way back after he heard it spool up(it's much louder now)I just need a bov now and i'll be all set.I finally got it to idle right and not to stall after i let off the gas while coming upto a stop sign.I have to say i LOVE my Z hail.gif

Guest Anonymous

Scotty,

glad to hear you're orgasmic coollook.gifrockon.giftwak.gif

what are you going with for a BOV? This is one of the lesser-touchy areas of the system, so I thought I'd have some fun (so long as it does its job).

For instance, there's argument over which is loudest.. turboxs, blitz, greddy, hks I hear are all very whistley, and all about the same price range. Can anybody concur? I've got a special place to mount mine so that nearby pedestrians can hear real well ;)

-980mak rockon.gif

Way to go Scotty. Sounds like all the hard work will be worth it. Get that thing broken in and the proper seats in there before you go embarrasing any Camaro's though flamedevil.gif . Let us know when you turn up the boost and how it does.

I had my turbo pressure plate redrilled to use the 300ZXTT pressure plate and use the 89 300ZXT disc, and I have not slipped it under boost yet.

I ran at the drags two weeks ago, ran 12.66. In a full weight 280ZXT, so I know the clutch can hold something pretty stout. I use drag ta's.

Nice thing about this set-up is you can get it at just about any nissan dealership.

You will have to do some grinding to the inside of your turbo trans. There are some ribs in there that interfere with the rotation to the clutch, but just grind them down flush with the rest of the bellhousing. It will not work with a Nissan Jap transmission.

Best part is the flywheel does not get chewed up like with the DF clutch.

Hey scotty, what is the deal with your turbo? Do you know the specs on the wheels and such?

hey guys the clutch is from timz he had it on his car when it was getting the big dyno numbers.He got a new one cuz this one chatters but i don't care.So far it has worked ok for me no chatter yet.The turbo is a t3/t4e hybrid with a 70ar on the compressor side and the stock 63 ar on the exhaust turbine side it is also clipped 11 degrees.As for the wheel size i couldn't tell you.

The bov i am getting for free is a first gen eclipse one for now then if i like it i'll keep it if not i'll get what ever is nice and in my price range.She's still running rich so i have to find a way to deal with that but it's not too bad.I didn't use a spacer either on the turbo i ground enuf of the exhaust housing out for a heat sheild to fit and it works fine and i can use the dp i got from scottie :D Now i look for reasons to drive somewhere so i can get some driving time in.So far i have 20 miles on the new engine i have to take the plugs out soon and check them over but that's about it.Now it's out i can't even get a race :confused: they must be still scared from last year i did hear lots of reving when my car was being put together but now i can't even find the little punk in the yellow stang.But his number is comin really soon and i'll even leave it at 8psi of boost just to make it interesting. malebitchslap.gif