HybridZ

Vaccum diagram for 82zxt

Any one have the vaccum diagram for a 82 turbo? I'm trying to get my car inspected but, the EGR valve doesn't seem to want to work right. confused2.gif I've tested it with an outside vaccum source and the valve itself works fine. I can't seem to get the car to open the EGR. Kinda need it to pass the new test here in Texas. sour.gif

Thanks

There is a vacuum solenoid down on your left side of the engine compartment, below the coil, that controls the EGR. There's lots of little hose crap routed up from there to the EGR valve. I have the diagrams, but no scanner, however the diagrams are published in my Chilton's manual for the '70 - '89 Zcars (it has all the wiring diagrams too). It's an invaluable reference and it only cost me $15.

ratedZ,

The rims are an Italian brand called Chromadora 17x7.5. I bought them from a friend and had to use adapters to make them fit. I've been real happy with them. The handling is so much better than it was with the Centerlines 15x7 that was on the car before. :eek:

Right now I'm tring to get the car inspected but, I don't think the EGR is opening up when it is supposed to.

Guest badmiata

Hey Cody, do those rims work with your speedo, you know at that size. Kinda want to know how big I can go and still use the speedo. That new TX cert kinda sucks dont it. By the way nice ride. I see if I can find the old photo's of my 83 2thumbs.gif

The tires are 245/45/17 they work ok with the speedo but, it is a little off. Here is a link that is very usefull for getting the speedo figured out. The bigger rims did slow the car down some but, hopefully I'll be getting a 3.7 LSD eventually and that should make up most of the diffence. Most it will bring the gear ratios back to the stock ratios.