HybridZ

Izuzu Impulse intercooler

Guest Paul Felker

Guest Paul Felker

hi lockjaw i read in the paint and body section that you can take the door seals out of an izuzu impulse and they are supposed to fit perfectly on z cars. i looked at one today and they look identicall to the z door seals all you have to do is cut 1 foot off each one and they fit perfect. im gonna get mine tomarrow and see if they fit, sure beats spending 65 and up for the same thing that you can get from the bone yard fror 10 to twenty bucks!!! later

Guest Paul Felker

Hello everyone,

I was at the salvage yard today looking for door seals on an izuzu impulse because i read from here that they are sopposed to fit. from the looks of it they will fit and fit nice too, but anyways i look under thew hood and there it has a turbo setup with an intercooler, looked kind of dinky about 12 inches by 12 inches by about3 inches thick, like i said kind of dinky(small) has anyone used one of these on a 82 turbo motor with any success?

Guest Paul Felker

hey guys,

I got thoes door seals off the izuzu todat and put them on my z. they fit almost perfect, the only problem though is on the z there is a 90' bend in the stock seal, but if you start in that corner and run all the way around and end in that corner cut the two ends at a 45' angle, use a little glue to seal the two ends together you wont even have a cut in the bottem like the origionals. so id say it was deffinatlly worth the 5 bucks i paid for them, sure beats spending 65.00 for origionals. hope this helps.