HybridZ

New AFM to turbo pipe pics.

Here's a pic of the new pipe I'm making to connect the AFM to the turbo. I modified a stock pipe years ago when I first put my bigger turbo on. After you get it all on it's all kinked up and proubly restrics airflow. Hopefully this new pipe will free up a few ponies that I had lost due to the crazy stock pipe and it's internal coils. Looks like the materials and welding will end up costing me about 70 bucks to make. If nothing else it will look better than stock.

screen

screen

screen

If you look at the insides of the two pipes you'll see the difference in the two.

That looks very nice. Where does the AFM end up mounting - looks like low in front of the left strut tower? Be nice if you could add a fitting for a compressor bypass...(a BOV that returns to the turbo inlet) if you were so inclined to install one. Actually, I think a BOV doesn't help one bit rocovering boost after a throttle lift. I think my car is faster without throttle lifts while shifting.

Originally posted by SleeperZ:

That looks very nice. Where does the AFM end up mounting - looks like low in front of the left strut tower? Be nice if you could add a fitting for a compressor bypass...(a BOV that returns to the turbo inlet) if you were so inclined to install one. Actually, I think a BOV doesn't help one bit rocovering boost after a throttle lift. I think my car is faster without throttle lifts while shifting.

Edit - actually, I just noticed you have a ZX bonk.gif

Nice and smooth. Bet it will noticable help. Here is my squared off one that I made for less than $10

coldairroute.jpg

That was with the stock turbo was easy to use it along with the new to4b w/4" mouth now, just used a 3" to 4" flexable adapter.