HybridZ

Turbo swap/install

Hello let me start by saying cool set of forums. I am just geting started Turbocharging my 1995 Nissan KingCab pickup. I could use ANY info on this install, lins to related pages and/or info on places to get parts.

Anyone know where I can get a custom manifold? there was a guy selling "Log" style manifolds on EBay but I can't find them any more.

Thanks,

Tom

Oh no it's a V6 VG30E Sory. The only problem I'm realy having is mounting the turbo. JWT has been a great help in giving me alot of usefull info on the fuel system after I get the turbo on but they seem lost as to how to get a turbo onto the motor. I can't just use a 300ZX manifold. If I where to use a 300ZX (84-89) the turbo will sit right where my driver side motor mount. But unline a ZX I have lots of room above the manifold.

I plan on runing a T3 I only plan on 5-8psi of boost since my CR is 9:1.

A question: Would it hurt to mount a 300ZX (85-97) T-3 turbo upside down. will the oil flow/drain properly?

Thanks

tom d

I have no idea about who makes those type of manifolds. Have you thought about reversing the VG turbo manifolds from side to side, so the turbo ends up on top of the right side bank? I've seen some Ford exhaust manifold bolt patterns that are symmetrical that way, maybe the Nissan V6 are?

The turbo can be mounted in about any orientation, provided your turbine shaft is parallel to the ground. The bearing unit and compressor can be clocked properly to get oil in the top and drain to the pan out the bottom. I don't know much about the V6s - I would say you may need to fabricate a manifold or figure out how to re-do a motor mount.. :confused:

SleeperZ: know anyone who can make a Manifld? The motor mount thing isin't going to happen. The 300ZX boys that go form N/A to Turbo have to swap to a turbo X-member the trucks don't anything even close since they are body -on- frame unlike the uni-body 300ZX. and since I have so much room above the wheel well that prety much where the trubo will go.

Could a good exhaust shop make a manifold if I had the proper flanges madeup elsewhere?

Yeah you can reclock the turbo, just make sure you keep the oil inlet and drain oriented properly.

Man I wanted to do that swap when I had a V6 nissan truck. Have you tried looking at the 300ZX motor mounts to see if you can swap out some stuff and make it work? Someone has done that swap, but I am not sure who. Sorry, and good luck.

Originally posted by Lockjaw:

Yeah you can reclock the turbo, just make sure you keep the oil inlet and drain oriented properly.

Man I wanted to do that swap when I had a V6 nissan truck. Have you tried looking at the 300ZX motor mounts to see if you can swap out some stuff and make it work? Someone has done that swap, but I am not sure who. Sorry, and good luck.

I just ran out and checked, my left frame rail is about 2-3" from the manifold. and my upper control arm mounts just under it. there is also some steering linkage right there. so nat an area I plan to cut all to hell. (had enough cuting when I owned a Fiero) But on the other hand I can sit a large car battery just above there and shut the hood turn the wheel even W/ the A/C compressor still instaled.