HybridZ

What turbo? (T3 or T25)

I had a nice neat paragraph wirten as to what I wanted to know but I deleted it by mistake so here I go again.

I am turbo charging my VG30E (stock guts) powered nissan pickup and was wondering what turbo would work best a older T3 (85-87?) or the T25 (88-9?) I don't plan on big boost ever my horsepower goal is 220-250hp. Iv'e also got 9:1 comperession. Alos where can I get a good reman turbo? I figure I should have the turbo in my hand before I try to make a manfold bonk.gif

Thanks,

Tom

nissan T-25 is ball bearing unit isn't it? Well, it is on SR20DET but that might be T-28 :confused: Nissan turbine housing is pretty good. I think compressor can be altered with T4 for more flow. I think SR guys are doing 280zxt turbine housing with T-25 ball bearing compressor unit for more power.

T-2smalls are usually good up to about 270hp, so you could, in theory, use it, but you'd be really pushing that bad boy...although, it'd have alot of pull off the line!

What manifold are you using? Is this going to be a custom manifold or are you going to use the turbo 3.0L stuff?