HybridZ

need help finding t04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

biohzrd

i need some help with this guys. in all the junkyards all i can find are t03s. did the t04 come stock on anything. also i have fould a couple of good deisel turbos. what's the skinny on these things. they're pretty big.

would looking at a heavy equipment scrap yard be better. i know they use a lot of turbo deisel engines on those. any help would be great 2thumbs.gif

No cars I know of came with a T4. Some came on diesel trucks, but these may not be useful, as the A/R of the turbine is too big for a Z. Is this for a Z? Zs do very well with T3 turbines - unless you are looking for over 400 hp, the benefits of a T4 are not there.

If you are thinking of turbocharging your "406 sbc", maybe a new T4 designed especially for the motor would be a better choice? If I was putting the $$ for that much more power, I'd sure want to put in the right parts...

it's going to be for a destroked 400.... a 377ci. it's a 406 w/ a 350 crank in it. the heads and cam are going to rather large to say the least and it will be fuel injected with a converted lt1 intake and an 1100cfm throttle body. i know it'll put out the #'s when it's set up right. i've just been told that two t3s would run out of juice around the 5500 rpm mark for my motor. i'm know expert when it comes to turbos so i could use all the input i could get.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Lets have a little history lesson guy's all turbos come from comercial applications the only difference is diesel sizing is way different then performance turbos. You get a turbo from some 4 or 6cyl D truck and it may have a 3.11inch turbine wheel with a 1.15 housing on .50 A/R TO4B maybe compressor, you know what that is...a lagin ass turbo that doesnt make any hi horsepower CFM. Performance turbos get a spacific wheel and there are lots of differnt wheels and match and mix components to perform. Sizing what works goes like this, is it a street or race car? Whats the stall speed?? Cam spec?? Displacement?? Useable rpm range?? The two that I always whant to know and rarely get a stright answer for...how much horsepower do you want or how much money do you want to spend?? Tell me what you want to spend Ill tell you how much hp youll make, tell me how much hp and Ill tell you how much youll spend. Either way I can tell your working on a short budget like the rest of us but you never know, maybe I can give you a bang for the buck combo that will fit your need. It wouldnt be the first. Lets see.

Alex Costa

Precision Machined Engines

1-800-665-0405