HybridZ

240Z TURBO SWAP

DAT240Z

I have done the swap and it great only running 9lbs. of boost as i have not installed the intercooler. my question is what wire goes to the water temp. sensor there are two wires on the 83 turbo harness one white and the other is yellow? i know the yellow on the 240z went to the guage in the car but it looks like the EUC. get a singal from the temp sensor for fuel mixter. For those of you that have done the swap how did you hook up you wire for the guage in the car? what i did was tie the yellow wire from the 240z harness to the white wire in the turbo harness and than pulg the white wrie to the temp sensor is this right? and i hooked the yellow wire from the turbo harness to the sensor for the injector fan, is this right.

PS. Can someone with a 280zxt looking at the wires on ther car and let me know what wire goes where?

The yellow wire is used only for the gauge only, and is not used by the ecu for fuel mixture. The white wire is plugged into the thermal switch that turns on the fuel injector aux. fan.

Just plug your old 240z temp wire into the temp sensor. I had an up close picture of this some where that I used to show someone else but can't find it right now. Pretty easy to tell the difference between the two plugs though because if you plug into the thermal fan switch it won't show any temp on the gauge.