HybridZ

Turbo build up

inZane 240

Ok guys I am planning on swapping out the L24 in my 240 in favor of an L28t. Now I'm not gonna do this all at once, for one im in college and my car rests at home. This means I will have a lot of time to work on the engine before i can get it home. Secondly, being in college I also have a college sized budget. I was just wondering what kind of bang for the buck mods i can do to the engine while its on the stand. I plan on an FMIC, porting the manifolds and head(good idea or no?). I don't really wanna mess with the block cause I'm lost when it comes to that part of the engine. I have used the search function and researched this topic, but i was looking on some new input. I'll take all suggestions, except for the save your money one, well.... cause... I'm still a kid and for some reason the word "save" never registers. :confused:

Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

i'll help porting the head won't hurt anything.I did mine for cheap too and they handle the power good it doesn't take much to get the l28et making good power.Just need some good injectors,good ic,good breathing exhaust,and that's about it it'll make really good power from just those mods the turbo is capable of putting out 18 psi of boost with a good ic.I ran mine with it all stock except for the merkur injectors i got and the volvo ic.I put 3" exhaust on my z but had the stock dp and still ran high 12's on street tires and pump gas.Now i have stepped up a bit but before it was all budget and kinda still is.I'd say the biggest things will be what i said injectors,ic,exhaust and a good air cleaner ;) good luck

find a running 280zxt cheap, and drive it for a while, get it running good and get it to the point where you are very confident in it. shoot, do all your bolt ons to it, throttle body, fmic, bov, turn up the boost whatever. if its still running good by the time you have done all those mods to it, it will run well in an earlier z body.

salvage title, 290k whatever, just find a complete car that you can drive around, this is the cheapest way i can think of, or you can spend countless days in the jy taking off each piece individually. i found a donor last week for 200.00 and drove it away with pleasure, the deals are there waiting for you. you can do it.

there are only like 3 wires that actually go to the car's wiring.It is really easy i did my whole swap in a weekend.I started like len said i bought my donor car for 100 bucks and i got it running good with the help of a new turbo,ecu,and afm and then after driving it a bit swapped it into my car.Last year i spent like 1k on my set up including the donor car and everything else i listed.The car hit high 12's with the stock turbo 18 psi of boost and a volvo ic.