HybridZ

Back pressure data in.

jeffp

I worked on the car today to get back pressure readings before I got rid of my turbo. I was wondering what it was doing, and the readings were lower then I thought they were going to be. I was pushing 22psi of boost and I took the car to 7K in third gear for one of the tests, and 4k in forth gear. The highest pressure reading I go was 23 psi of back pressure.

So in answer to the long awaited question regarding the stock .63 A/R exhaust turbine housing. Yes you can push the engine to 500Hp with the stock exhaust manifold and the stock exhaust turbine housing provided it is ported and the turbo exhaust turbine housing is machined to 2 1/2" (even the waste gate cover REED) and if you are running a good exhaust.

Now it is time to take the car apart and start in on the last of the modifications the car is going to get.

Just about the same results as TimZ on his system, but as we discussed and I mentioned in an earlier post, the backpressure in that part of the manifold may be much lower than if measured up in cylinders 1-4. Tap a hole by the #1 port and measure there if you have the ability before you take the thing apart. I would be curious.

That would have been a good test James, but I was not able to get that far on the testing. I got my first part completed and spent 3 hours running around getting fuel for the car. You would think there are a number of places that have good fuel, and they are, but they are 20 miles apart and I tried two places and they were out. the third place had fuel and it took me 1 1/2 hours there and back. I really hate Cali traffic.

Anyway the turbo is off the car and on it's way to Craig.

I have a shop that will start in in my new turbo on WED of this week. Thais is going to take some time getting the new waste gate plumbed in and setup right.