HybridZ

Turboing the Civic...

Mikelly

Well Guys I bought a kit for the step sons car instead... Here is what I got for $500...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=1872924780&rd=1

I also got a Turbo Timer from HKS Off EBAY for $60... and I'm looking for an FMU and a boost controller...

Any tips on setting this thing up will be greatly appreciated... It is gonna be set low on a stock Civic motor... Yes, I know he will grenade it over time, but we plan for a VTEC conversion next summer anyway... We also plan to go to Richmond to put it on the Dyno for tuning it properly...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I take it your stepson has a DX (or lower) civic. Not horrible engines, they take to boost almost as well as the SOHC VTEC honda engines (EX models). Are you planning to run stock compression? Also, is this kit going to go on the VTEC motor as well? What motor is in the cars future?

Yup, right now it is a D16 1.6 motor. There are plans to eventually go with a Vtec motor, but finding a NON-JDM unit has been a challenge... I'm trying to steer him away from the JDM specific stuff, as this is his daily driver and I don't want the nightmare of finding a JDM specific part if it breaks... SOOO I figure the turbo Kit will keep him distracted for a little while. Then we'll either do a VTEC from a DelSol or 1.8 out of an Acura. Any, and I do mean ANY advice is welcomed, as I'm clue-less to turboing and Honda stuff...

malebitchslap.gif

Mike :D

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

As far as I know a turbo is pretty straightforward. The hardest parts would be drilling oil lines for the turbo and running i/c pipes. Let me search around for some honda links. As far as the motor for the future, I would recommend the 1.8 acura LS block with a 1.6 head. Makes insane power n/a and all that is required are vtec solenoids and oil lines. Ill post those links later