HybridZ

Question about FMIC's........

Guest ON3GO

Well Whats the smallest FMIC size i can go with a RB26DETT? what does the piping size need to be?

also really whats the largest i can go that would really fit perfect on front of a 240Z?

also does anybody have any close up pics of there front ends with FMIC's on?

Thanks again

mike

Mike,

Since you seem to have decided on the RB26dett, I have a few questions,(since I am doing this swap myself, engine just came in).

First, have you really laid out your budget? It will cost you at least $10k to put that motor in your car. 6k for the motor and tranny alone, if your lucky, 5k.

Will this be a drag race only car? That is the ONLY situation where you would want the smallest possible intercooler on a turbocharged motor. Otherwise you want to go as big as you can, with deference to pressure drop etc..

That one pictured I think was a stock GT-R intercooler. I would say that is the smallest you want. When given a choice, go for short tubes over a wide lengths vs long tubes over a small width. (think vertical tubes vs horizontal tubes). Most of your heat transfer is in the first few inches anyway.

-Bob