HybridZ

New Full T04 for the 7M-GTE

Tony240ZT

Turbo looks to be an unused Roto-Master. Compressor side is a T04B with V trim wheel, .60 A/R. Turbine is P trim (pretty sure), with a 1.15 A/R housing (T04 as well).

I'd like to get a .81 A/R turbine housing on it, I guess they are $190 from turbonetics, should I look for a better deal?

Will likely upgrade the compressor to at least a T04E housing when I get the cash. Does the T series bolt up to the t4 center section?

Check out the tight turn I have to make off the back of the turbine, only have like 7 1/2" to make the job, and I'd like to use 3" pipe. Also the compressor outlet is a little tight, right next to the header. Maybe I'll spacer the turbo up a little bit to get a little more room to work with.

Smvc-507f.jpg

Getting a little dusty...

Smvc-508f.jpg

Not much room to fit 2 1/2" intercooler pipe in there, but I think I can make it fit. Compressor housing looks like it's been dropped on, but all else is fine.

Smvc-509f.jpg

Hey Tony,

You might try Bell Turbo in Socal (not associated with Corky Bell). I wish I had their info but a call to information could rectify that. Also Turbo Specialties may have a better price. From my experience Turbonetics is the last place to call if you want a good price. I purchased a turbine housing for around 85.00 3-4 years ago for my Rotomaster T04 from Bell Turbo. You should have plenty of room for the downpipe. I used 3 inch pipe and have much less room than is shown in your pic. You can get a short radius 3 inch mandrel bend that dumps down very quickly and saves alot of space.

Anthony,

'71 510 wagon, '91 7mgte (327 rwhp)

http://www.datsuns.com/Tech/dyno/7mgte-510-wagn.gif

Tony, that 1.15 a/r will NEVER spool with that setup. A .58 will provide excellent spoolup and will flow enough to support 500+RWHP. I ran a .81 a/r on my T64 and it was lazy as hell, but I was using a large converter so that brought it on much quicker. I also ran my 60-1(p-trim .58 a/r) and it gave full boost by 3700rpm or so. I would probably run a .69 as it is a compromise and you are not running that big of a compressor wheel.