HybridZ

NPR Mods

240hoke

Hey guys,

i've got my turbo engine in the 260 and hoping it will be ready to fire up in about two weeks. Ive been working on mounting my NPR IC and have been looking at scotieGNZ's page. I was wondering if anybody has installed the NPR without modifying the outlet side. If this is necesary, what is the purpose?

Thanks

Hoke,

The reason why the passenger side is modified is because the radiator would interfare with the IC piping. It is not that expensive to get it welded like Scottie did on his (and the way I did mine). Honestly, I don't see how it would work if the passenger side outlet was in the original position.

On my NPR (14" high by 29 wide) I had a long pipe one side which I cut back to within 4" of I/C. I didn't need to do any welding.

I did have to do cutting on radiator mount on either side to allow the pipes to go thru. There would be no way a person could use existing holes in radiator mount to fit pipes thru. It was tougher but I did route the pipe that ran from the turbo to I/C across to the Passenger side then ran I/C to TB on the driver's side so cooled air from I/C wouldn't get hot traveling across radiator. My 2 centavos

As with the others...I had to hack up my support to get my NPR in as well. I guess if you took it to a welding shop, they may be able to make the inlet and outlet such that you would not have to cut up the radiator support. I just cut the whole driver's side of the support out so I could stuff the intercooler plumbing and also a 3" intake tube out the same side. I just didn't want to be drawing hot air from the engine compartment, so I routed my filter out front as well.