HybridZ

How much HP should I expect?

z-ya

I'll be installing my new turbo soon, and wanted to get an idea about how much power I should expect from my system. Here are the details:

T3/T4b turbo, .60 compressor, .63 turbine

Stock L28ET long block.

Scottie GNZ down pipe

Programable ECU (MAP) (fuel and crank trigger ignition)

Spearco intercooler with 2.25" plumbing

240SX TB

K&N filter

12-15psi boost

Right now, with the T3 turbo, it is making around 270HP at the crank (12psi)

Any info appreciated.

Pete

I'm running 36lb/hr Bosch. Fuel pressure is 48psi at idle, and 55psi full boost. Bosch racing fuel pump good for 600HP. Malpasi rising rate FPR.

Really though, injector size isn't important. What's important is maintaining the proper air/fuel ratio. If I need to up my injector size I will. I figure 36lb/hr should be good enough for close to 350HP.

Thanks,

Pete

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

INJECTOR SIZE ISNT IMPORTANT? I spent all that money on injectors and a fuel computer for nothing what a dumb ass! At 100% cycle duty you should be able to make around 390hp but you should never run that much injector time and you cant with a stock computer anyway. A TO4B should make from 350 to maybe 400hp if you know what your doing and you do so keep us informed and please I would like to see the actual dyno numbers and or time slips once this monster is dialed in.

Alex C

Wat I was trying to say is, that the proper air/fuel ratio is what is important, not the injector size. You can put giant injectors in, and if you don't have a way to tweak the air/fuel ratio, your not going to make the most power. I know of somone gettting 350 at the wheels running 340cc/min injectors at 90%DC.

The turbo is going to fit great, I just need to modify the waste gate actuator slightly. BTW, anyone re-use turbin inlet and exhaust gaskets? Mine look in good shape. I was just going to spray them with copper spray and reuse them.

Pete

Guest Anonymous

Why would you run a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator on a programmable ECU system?

Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? :confused:

I would say, scrap the Rising Rate FPR for a good adjustable one. Set your pressure to one point and start your tuning process. Adding a Rising Rate FPR to the system gives you an additional variable to tune around and give less repeatable pressure compensation then a standard adjustable FPR. cheers.gif

I've had the rising rate FPR in there for three years, and it works great. Since I can adjust the injector mS value for each load point, it doesn't matter if it is rising rate or not. In the end, the fuel map is tuned to match the engine fuel requirments, and the fuel pressure vs manifold pressure curve. It all comes out in the wash.

Pete

I forgot to mention, the FPR regulator I'm using IS adjustable. I have it set to 38psi at idle, and it hits around 55psi at 12psi of boost. I was mistaken in my previous post where I said the idle FP was 48psi. I meant 38psi.

Pete