HybridZ

Need some quick help selecting pulleys

Hey guys, the last thing I really need to get my motor complete is a set of pulleys. I'm running a Weiand short water pump and I guess my alternator will be mounted in the standard way (the low-mount kit i bought interferes with the steering rack). I've never put together an SBC before so I don't know how many grooves to get in each pulley. I'm not running A/C or power steering, just the alternator and water pump. THanks.

kc6wfs,

How did you get those brackets to fit on your headers? Your situation is probably different from mine, but with my Flowtech headers there is no room to back out one of the header bolts, #1 cylinder.

http://homepage.mac.com/nion/.Pictures/V8Z%20Project/v8zheader.jpg

As you can see, I had to use bolts in those locations instead of the ARP studs because they were too long. I almost have to remove the headers completely to take out the two bolts because they just back out into the header tube.

Can anyone reccommend to me a good-looking alternator bracket kit that I can actually use with no problems? icon_sad.gif

Hi Nion,

The bracket is "humped" to clear the tube.

But yes I see the bend is very sharp on your headers and you would have to do something else.

I'll take another pic of the bracket too show my clearance on that bolt.

It's close!

Dave