HybridZ

hemi on ebay

warrenp

Guest Anonymous

as much as i love the hemi motors they have two big disadvantages icon_sad.gif 1: price 2: size icon_sad.gif they can put out insane power ut for a crate 426 hemi motor your looking at like $12K to make it yours. and if you want to step up to the 528 hemi or the 572 you can tack on an extra $3k. i was thinking a nice alternative would be the 500 cubic inche "wedge" crate motor that pumps out something to the tune of 600 HP for a little over $10K, still way too expensive but in my opinion you get the most bang for the buck with that motor. as to size the 426 and it derivatives are pretty beastly but the earlier 392 and 354 are supposed to be able to be put into a z

Guest Anonymous

Z-Freak,

this is true, the early hemis (331s, 354s, and the 392s) were esentially a small block. while these don't have near the power output, they are still damn good motors, I mean why do you think that many of the new cars, including hondas and nissans, have a hemi head design? You would also have the privilage of having a hemi Z icon_smile.gif Imagine the attention it would get at a hot rod show icon_biggrin.gif WOW!

Also, those prices are crate motors, originals can be had quite a bit cheaper, though still no pocket change..... at least not for me! With a littlework you would still have MORE than enough power for a driver, maybe not Darius material, but still alot of fun icon_smile.gif Maybe more cause you'd have traction, if you like that sort of thing... I don't icon_smile.gif Then of course you could stick the bottle on.... Hemi's love it, that'd give you the oomph to beat that 800 RWHP supra icon_smile.gif Maybe.

Just some thoughts,

Kris

hemis are the ultimate, that combustion chamber and the size of those dang heads is awe inspiring, got a ride in a cherried out 70 cuda 426, man that thing will smoke em up whenever you decide its time, in almost any gear. bad azz for sure man. hemis can make so much power its unbelievable, somebody put one in a z.