HybridZ

New Exhaust Pics

240Z Turbo

The exhaust is like this on both sides of the car.

exhaustside2.jpg

Better view of how it is run.

exhaustunderside1.jpg

Mockup is finally complete and all fits well. Just need to weld it all solid now.

exhaustunderside2.jpg

You can see how I merged the 2 downpipes into 1

exhaustunderside3.jpg

I had to show my new 10mm Magnecore plug wires!

plugwires.jpg

Nah, you just order the stuff! Man, that system looks very trick! I have thought about running the tips out the sides in the rear and you beat me to it! smile.gif I think the whole system will work well--great ground clearance too!

Davy

Have my car at any shows? Chuckle...Yea, the Macco turd paintjob convention! My car is NOOOO showcar by a longshot. It is straight and has no rust, but that is about it. The engine setup looks neat and trick I will give it that. Anyway, the plan is to start it up next weekend. I only lack welding the exhuast solid and pressure testing my new fuel cell. The engine is finished.

Guest Anonymous

What size pipe did you use for the side exits? I thought of making the same exits (or oval) for a dual V8 exhaust. Very cool job. The custom Y is wild looking

the oval exhaust is by spin tech and is called 3.5" oval. It has the same cross-sectional area as a 3.5" round exhaust. The dimensions are 2.5"(tall)x4"(wide). The merges into a custom Stainless piece I made. It merges to 6"x1.75" and then splits into two pipes infront of each tire. The outlet pipes are 4.25"x1.75". I welded it all solid today and it bolts up perfectly. It was my only cure for room because my Auto tranny is very bulky and my engine is also pushed back 1" by my solid motor mounts. I did that to give myself more room for an electric fan. I only lack the following before it is running:

-Hook up my new Wideband O2 setup to the Tech

-Pressure test custom fuel cell

-finish rewiring the Tech

-wire up Electric fan to relay and thermo-switch

-remount fuel filter & fuel pump

I hope to start it, not driving, this weekend and break in the new Web cam.