HybridZ

I was changing my 02 sensor when...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I put the socket and gave it a push and the thing just fell off. Rusty arse downpipe!

It has been an ongoing battle with this car. I fix one thing and 5 things break in its place!

Why me Z? Anyways I need a new downpipe from my turbo with the 02 screw fitting. Does

anyone here make one for cheap or does anyone have an old one they want to get rid of?

What options do I have? Can I use one from a 300zxt? By the way I have a 83 280zxt w/T5.

thanks for any help. twak.gif

Guest Anonymous

This has been documented elsewhere on the net, but I thought it was a good tip. If you need to add a O2 bung on the exhaust system.

Stroll into your local Kragen/Chucks/Pep whatever and look for that row of replacement stuff you always walk by (you know, the red packs by a company called Safety that have boots and knobs and all that other stuff) and get a sparkplug anti-foul adapter. They come in 14mm and 18mm which happens to coincide with O2 sensors. :D

Cut the external threaded part off the anti-foul adapter and bore a hole in the exhaust system where you want it. Weld the bung into the exhaust (You may want to install a sparkplug in the threads so they don't get horribly distorted during welding. Screw in the sensor and your done.

Another tip I've read and will use, use anti-seaze on the threads or you'll never get the o2 sensors out easily.

Just thought I'd share since I researched it a bit to put this A/F meter I've had laying around into use. I'll be using a universal 1 wire that was only like 21.00 screwed into the front of the collector of the block hugger (space permitting I havn't looked at it closely yet).

Regards,

Lone